Thursday, February 16, 2012

July in January



A few weeks back, I was fortunate enough to be invited to make an appearance at Alcott Montessori School's annual 'July in January' Carnival. My mother teaches at Alcott School, and I always enjoy visiting their Scarsdale campus. The teachers and administration are awesome (okay, I admit to a bit of bias there!) and the children are all so adorable and engaged in their learning activities (a trademark of a Montessori education). Their carnival is a fundraiser for the school, but also a chance for families to join together and just have fun!

From face painting, to balloon art, to delicious food and fabulous raffles, the carnival was a blast! AND I won a fabulous prize in the silent auction -- a voice lesson! Whenever I am asked what I would change about myself, I say "my voice." When I was younger, I was in the honor choir and was actually a pretty decent singer, but I've been out of practice and would love to get back on track. Hopefully, I'll be one step closer to belting it out like Beyonce after my lesson (a girl can dream, right?).

Enjoy these photos from the carnival!









Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment