Tuesday, October 15, 2013

So This Is What It's Like...

I like to pretend that my blog has lots of followers. And so, dear readers, today I fancy that you have noticed that after years of being titled “Sarah Hreyo, Miss Westchester 2012”, my blog has taken on a new name: So This Is What It’s Like.

It has been over a year since I gave up the title of Miss Westchester, and though my experiences throughout my year “under the crown” certainly helped to shape the woman I am today, in no way did they define me. Nor does a year served as a titleholder mean that people continue to recognize who you are when you’re out and about. I am the farthest thing from a local celebrity and to be perfectly honest, I’m glad for that.

While my life still does involve pageantry, it won’t be the sole focus of this blog. I’ll keep you updated on my final year competing within the Miss America Organization, but I’ll also talk about the other influences that are shaping my life and the ways that I hope to influence the world around me.


While I was in college, life after graduation seemed SO far away. I didn't know what I would be doing with my time, what direction my career path would take me in, or how I’d balance the responsibilities of being an adult with the spontaneity needed to enjoy life and all it has to offer. I’m finally beginning to realize…so THIS is what it’s like. I look forward to sharing my journey with you. 

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment