Sunday, November 13, 2011

Week(s) in Review


Wow! It has been so long since I last blogged. For that, I sincerely apologize. Things have been a bit crazy for me lately. In addition to all of the fun events I get to take part in as Miss Westchester, I am a full time student, work two jobs, and of course set aside time to spend with my family and friends. Add that all together and you have one very busy girl! I've let my blog fall by the wayside for the past 2 weeks, but I'm back and am going to make every effort to continue to post here regularly. This is my way of keeping you all connected and with me every step of the way during my year as Miss Westchester. I love sharing what I'm doing with you! So, let me catch you up with what I've been up to lately.

Operation PROM Shop 'till You Drop

If you follow my blog, you know that a few weeks back I had the pleasure of meeting Operation PROM founder Noel D'Allacco. Noel is an extremely dynamic, inspiring woman and her organization has helped countless high school girls AND guys have their perfect prom night. Along with my sister queens, I attended Operation PROM's Shop 'till You Drop event at J.McLaughlin in Bronxville. The event was an opportunity to donate dresses to Operation PROM and shop the fabulous fashion of J.McLaughlin and Stella & Dot jewelry with a portion of proceeds going towards Operation PROM as well. Even better, the event celebrated the kickoff of an AMAZING partnership between the Miss NY USA organization and Operation PROM.

With Noel, Operation PROM founder. Isn't her outfit amazing?!

Jackie and I chatting on-camera for News 12.

Spins Bowl at Grand Prix New York Grand Opening

I had never been to Grand Prix New York before this past Wednesday. I learned that day that I had been missing out on a LOT. Grand Prix New York is in Mt. Kisco, and has go-kart racing tracks. On Wednesday, they had a special opening of their brand new Spins bowling alley for local dignitaries and other special guests. Jackie, Miss Westchester Teen, and I were on hand to meet some amazing Westchester residents and, of course, get our bowl on! Spins is absolutely gorgeous, and I highly recommend taking a trip to Mt. Kisco after their official grand opening next week. We had a blast!

Celebrating Jackie's amazing game! I'm actually awful at bowling, but I always have fun!

With Nat Mundy of Grand Prix, Bill Diamond of Diamond Properties, Mt. Kisco Mayor Michael Cindrich, and State Senator Greg Ball

What else?

These past few weeks have also been full of preparations for the Miss NY USA state pageant. The biggest challenge so far? Finding the perfect evening gown to wear. This really has been my biggest stress over the past few weeks, believe it or not (Okay, not really. My last stats exam was my biggest stress, but whatever!). But the more I immerse myself in pageant preparation, the more excited I've been getting about the state pageant!

School has also been very busy -- this semester, I'm taking statistics, economics, Spanish, and doing independent fieldwork. My school weighs credits differently than most, so I'm actually taking an 18 credit semester with only 4 courses. That means a LOT of work. While statistics and economics aren't my favorite, I can see how helpful they'll be as I enter the workforce. I'm actually loving learning to speak Spanish! I took Spanish for two years in high school and didn't learn much more than the basics and how to tell someone that I'm dying. I can proudly say (in Spanish, even) that I know much more than that now!

Well, this has definitely gotten to be on the long side. Look for some more updates this week!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment