Tuesday, May 1, 2012

events. Events. EVENTS!

If you run into me over the next two weeks, please don’t be alarmed if I seem to be moving in warp-speed. With the end of the semester at hand, I’m working hard to get all of my coursework done before the Friday, May 11 deadline (eek!). I also have a few amazing events coming up that I can’t wait to attend. The best part about these events? You can come too! One of the best things about being Miss Westchester is the relationships I’ve been able to form with people from all throughout the county. I’d love to make even more friends before the end of my year of service, so if any of these events strike your fancy, please stop by and say “Hi!”.

My Sisters’ Place Graze and Browse
Don Coqui, New Rochelle
Tickets: $25
Wednesday, May 2 from 7:00PM to 9:30 PM
For more info, click HERE!

If you know me, you know that I’m a volunteer at My Sisters’ Place and a huge supporter of domestic violence intervention and prevention. Come support My Sisters’ Place at Don Coqui in New Rochelle (I am SO looking forward to some delicious food!). There will be drinks, appetizers, and best of all? Shopping, including The Brave Collection, a favorite of mine.

The Mental Health Association of Westchester 5K Walk/Run
FDR State Park, Yorktown
Cost: Free!
Sunday, May 6 from 8:00AM to 12 noon
For more info, click HERE!

Come and support changing hearts and minds about mental health issues! Mental health issues are often ignored, or worse, stigmatized in our society. The Mental Health Association is committed to changing this, as well as providing individualized support to those facing mental illness. I can’t wait to kick of the children’s race at this fun-filled, family-centered day.

Bazaar for a Cure (featuring Operation PROM’s $1 Dress Sale)
PACC (117 Park Avenue), Yonkers
Cost: Free!
Sunday, May 6 from 2PM to 7PM
For more info, click HERE!

I have three words for you: One. Dollar. Dresses. Enough said. Operation PROM collects so many dresses each year that at the end of their distribution season, remaining dresses are sold for $1! If this wasn’t enough, the Bazaar will also be supporting the fight against cancer. Shop another of my favorite jewelry brands, Stella & Dot by Style by Nanda, as well as Avon, Scentsy, and Pampered Chef (to name a few!).

Westchester Children’s Association Spring Advocacy Dinner
Tappan Hill, Tarrytown
Tickets: $175
Tuesday, May 8 at 6PM
For more info, click HERE!

The Westchester Children’s Association has been improving the lives of children in Westchester for almost 100 years by shaping policies and programs that benefit children. Their (very admirable) goal? To ensure that every child is healthy, safe, and prepared for life’s challenges. Having attended their Spring Advocacy Breakfast, I can vouch for the wonderful work they do. Next week's dinner, honoring local philanthropist Peter Herrero of NY Hospitality Group promises to be a lot of fun! There will be really delicious food provided by Abigail Kirsch caterers and tons of silent auction items, including items for sports fans, culture cravers, and foodies. Come support and learn about this local organization that advocates for children and youth throughout the county. Bonus: You’ll get to see me manning an informative display. Come toss questions my way—you know you want to find out just how brainy your local beauty queen is!

Hope to see you as I am out and about throughout Westchester this week!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment