War has been a reality for our country for over ten years now. Throughout the world, our military works day in and day out to keep our nation safe. It is so humbling to know that while we go about our daily business, getting worked up over small problems (The store didn't have the dress I wanted to buy. That cute boy forgot to text you back.), men and women younger than I am are in hostile environments and aren't complaining about it. Rather, they go about their days with courage, dignity, and a strength that leaves me in awe.
It was a pleasure to have breakfast with our troops, participate in a parade in their honor, and commend their service at a special waterfront ceremony. Memorial Day only comes once a year, but I urge you to remember our armed forces each and every day, because each and every day they are serving our nation. I am so thankful for their service, and proud to be an American.

Marines based out of North Carolina.

Chatting away through breakfast.

Megan, Jackie and I with a sailor based out of Virginia.

Military guests from Mexico, a great way to practice my Spanish when thanking them for their service!

Tweeting the events of the day as usual!

The guest of honor on our float!

We were all so excited to be part of such a special day.

The New York State Troopers were on hand to provide a police escort to our servicemen and women.

Getting my camouflage on with a navy seal candidate.
Love,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment