Friday, October 5, 2012

Speak Out for Youth

Wow, what a week! I've been very busy keeping up with school and work. The gloomy weather we've been having hasn't done much to lift my spirits. However, a wonderful invitation from the Westchester Children's Association gave me a much-needed lift midweek!

I've mentioned WCA on my blog before--this past spring, I was able to attend their annual benefit as Miss Westchester 2012. Prior to the event, I met some of the WCA team. They are SO dynamic and committed to ensuring that Westchester's children are given every tool that they need to succeed in life. I had a blast at their benefit, taking a shift at their "info booth" and live-tweeting the evening's program.

I'm delighted to announce that on Saturday, October 20th, I will be live tweeting for WCA once again! I will be in attendance at their 'Speak Out for Youth' event, taking place at PACE University in Pleasantville. This event will bring togehter young people (ages 13-24) and their adult allies as they speak out about the top issues affecting youth.


Why am I so excited about this? In my opinion, it is providing young people with the perfect platform to educate themselves (and others!) as election season rapidly approaches its end. I posted a few weeks ago about voting, and how many young people don't vote because they feel their voice doesn't count or they don't know enough about the issues at stake. This event will show you how critical your vote is, and give you the chance to formulate opinions about issues that matter to you.

For more information, click HERE to visit the Westchester Children Association's website. I hope to see you on October 20!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment