Monday, October 1, 2012

National Domestic Violence Awareness Month

Did you know that October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month? Well...it is!(Check out THIS proclamation from President Obama) I'm hoping that this month will encourage people across our nation to speak out about domestic violence. It can be an uncomfortable, seemingly private topic. Because of that, many victims of domestic violence are afraid to speak up and their friends and family members feel awkward or intrusive when they want to raise questions. This needs to change! Many events will be taking place this month to bring domestic violence to the forefront of our minds, and hopefully, our conversations as well!


Throughout the month, I'll be posting about domestic violence: from the forms it can take to the ways you and I can be involved in making a difference!I'll also post about various events happening here in Westchester County that you can get involved in. If you have any specific topics that you'd like to see addressed here on my blog, be sure to leave a comment and let me know.

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment