Today, Lilly Pulitzer announced their 'Ultimate Lilly Holiday' contest! By creating a Pinterest board featuring your version a very Lilly holiday, you have the chance to win $1000 to spend on Lilly galore! I couldn't resist entering! Feeling inspired, I decided to pen a new version of "Twas the Night Before Christmas"...a Lilly Pulitzer edition! I've created this blog post to link to my pinterest board. I hope you enjoy getting into the holiday spirit a bit early!
Twas the night before Christmas and I must confess
I had one thing in mind: a new Pulitzer dress
My stocking was hung by the chimney with care
Perhaps Santa would leave a new belt for me there
But as I lay snuggled in my cozy bed
The visions of Lilly-land flashed in my head
Perhaps the lace Nikola would be waiting for me
When I opened my gifts piled under the tree
Or maybe the Allaire, simple and classy
Or perhaps the Tate skirt, so sweet yet so sassy
Oh how I hoped Santa had seen into my head
And my dreams would come true when I left my bed!
And then as I lay there, I heard on the roof
The prancing and pawing of a reindeer hoof!
Down the chimney Santa Claus came with a bound
I could hear him downstairs, moving around
I snuck down the stairs to sneak a quick peek
There he was! His white beard! His fur suit! His red cheek!
He must have heard me creep up, as he turned and he said
“You’re the girl with the Lilly list longer than my sled!”
He laughed and patted me twice on the head
And he showed me my gifts ‘fore I went back to bed
Boxes of Lilly! Dresses, shoes, and more!
Agendas, tops, jewelry! He’d bought out the store!
I went to bed with joy in my heart
Heard him hop in his sleigh, give his reindeer a start
But I heard him exclaim, as he flew out of sight
Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!
Check out the entire Pinterest board by clicking HERE!
Love,
Sarah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment