Friday, April 20, 2012

Operation PROM Fashion Show

A few weeks back, I had the time of my life rocking the runway in a fashion show for Operation PROM! I've blogged about Operation PROM before -- they are an absolutely fabulous organization that originated in Westchester County, but is now making its mark nationwide. Noel D'Allacco, founder, started Operation PROM to provide girls with beautiful prom dresses that they would not otherwise be able to afford. Since its start, they have grown to provide tuxedos to high school boys and scholarships as well.

My sister queens and I have been involved with Operation PROM since the fall, donating our dresses and attending events to support the cause. This fashion show was a beautiful way to finish off the collecting season. Special guest Rob Astorino, Westchester County Executive, received a 'Golden Tuxedo Award' for the support Westchester County Government gives to Operation PROM year round!

Lynda Renee Photography was on hand throughout the evening to take some really incredible shots of the night! Lynda's photos are absolutely gorgeous, and she was kind enough to allow me to share them here on my blog. Please take the time to check out her website by clicking HERE, or click HERE to reach her Facebook page.


County Executive Astorino receiving his award from Noel


Rocking the runway in this red-hot number--I know the girl who wears this to prom will LOVE it!


All of the models with Noel at the end of our show


And of course, no formal evening is complete without crowns and sashes! Megan (Miss Hudson Valley 2012), Samantha (Miss Westchester Teen 2011), Jackie (Miss Westchester Teen 2012), and I were joined by Annamarie, Miss New York Teen Belleza Latina 2012

Operation PROM is currently in the process of distributing dresses to girls throughout Westchester County and the rest of the Hudson Valley. For more information, check out their Facebook page by clicking HERE.

Love,
Sarah

1 comment: