Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tweeting and Blogging and Journaling, Oh My!

Another month goes by, another apology from me regarding my poor blogging performance. This semester has been the most difficult I've faced in college. Freshman year of college, I actually completed an 18-credit course load with ease. This semester, I'm only taking 15 credits, but the classes I'm in are extremely challenging. Combined with my jobs and appearances as Miss Westchester, I'm left with about 14 minutes of free time a day. The bad news? This keeps me away from my blog. The good news? There are only 5 weeks left of the semester! So please, bear with me. I'll be back very soon with regular updates, including the beginning of the Miss Westchester Pageant Season! Believe it or not, with April comes the beginning of fabulous events for the 2013 contestants. To find out more about competing this year, click here.

One of the great aspects of social media are the many forms it takes. Even though I haven't had the time to sit down and write full blog posts, I have been very active on Twitter recently. It's so easy to update from my phone and share photos, tidbits from my day, and more! Be sure to follow me on @MissWestchester!

Finally, I've signed up for a fabulous e-course devoted to journaling. From age 8 to age 14, I was an avid journal. I journaled every. single. day. Sometimes I journaled multiple times throughout the day. I've always been a writer, and I laugh when I go back through my entries. Boy, did I dramatize EVERYTHING! I miss journaling, and I've signed up for Rebecca Kelsey's e-course as a way to get back into journaling and really learn more about myself. I first encountered Rebecca on YouTube -- she is a fellow mark. rep and I enjoyed watching her videos. I haven't had much time to spend on YouTube lately, but I make it a point to follow Rebecca's blog. Her blog focuses on way more than just beauty -- Rebecca is extremely thoughtful and it shows in her many inspirational posts. For more on her e-course, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment