One of the most stressful aspects of pageantry for some pageant girls is the swimsuit competition. Strutting your stuff on stage while wearing a bikini? Eek! Sadly, this means that a lot of girls prepare for this portion of competition in the wrong way: crash dieting, excessive time spent in the gym...you get the idea!
The Miss America Organization focuses on the swimsuit competition as 'Lifestyle & Fitness'. I take that message to heart--I refuse to crash diet, or work myself to exhaustion, for a few weeks leading up to my pageant. Instead, I focus on eating good food, enjoying treats in moderation, and following a flexible workout schedule year-round. However, it can be hard to undertake a fitness journey alone. This fall, I learned about O2MAX Fitness, a fitness and media company focused on helping busy students! I recently signed up for their event ready program.
How incredible does that sound? I've had the chance to connect with Karen Jashinsky, a personal trainer and the founder/driving force behind O2MAX! I can't say enough good things about her! She already has me started with some home workouts, and checks in with me regularly to make sure that I'm able to complete them without problems and that I enjoy them. My goal with this program is to take my fitness to the next level. When I take the stage in March, I don't want to look skinny. I'm hoping to gain some muscle definition to look fit.
I tell you all of this to introduce a new series on my blog...Getting Fit with O2MAX! Starting in January, I'll keep you updated week-by-week through my three month fitness journey. O2MAX has shown me that fitness doesn't have to take place in a gym, be boring, or difficult to fit into your schedule.
The next post in this series will feature O2MAX's great new book, the College Fit Guide! If you'd like to learn more about O2MAX or the College Fit Guide before my next post, click HERE or HERE.
Love,
Sarah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment