Saturday, September 8, 2012

Life After the Crown

I can hardly believe that a week has passed since the start of the Miss Westchester/Miss Hudson Valley 2013 pageant! Congratulations to the four new queens crowned: Kristy, Jess, Brittany, and Marissa. I hope that you make the most of your year each and every day, as it is going to fly by.

So many people have asked me how I feel now that my year as Miss Westchester is over. I think a lot of people expect me to be sad, but to be perfectly honest, I have never felt more EXCITED! Yes, my year as Miss Westchester is over. But I can take the best aspects of this year (my incredible sister queens, personal growth, and advocacy work) and leave all of the negative aspects behind. I know that I will continue to thrive without the crown, and I cannot wait for all of the opportunities that life has in store for me.

Over the next few months, my focus will be on graduating from college and starting a master's degree program, preparing to compete in the Miss New York (MAO) pageant system, and continuing to serve with My Sisters' Place and other organizations that support domestic violence prevention and intervention. I also have a few special projects in the works that I will be sharing here once they begin to truly develop.

I would be remiss if I didn't take the time to recognize that all of the positive opportunities that I have experienced in the past and hope to experience in the future are due to my actions alone. I am so incredibly thankful for the blessings in my life, and for the support of my family and friends that I have experienced in the past, present, and will continue to appreciate in the future.

Below I'm including a few pictures of my final moments as Miss Westchester 2012. Thank you for supporting me this past year, and stay tuned for my future adventures as 2013 comes our way!

Love,
Sarah



Taking my final walk as Miss Westchester 2012.


With the four ladies who left such a lasting impression on my life this year. Because I knew you, I have been changed for good. I cannot wait to see the incredible things you go on to do with your lives. You are all rare beauties both inside and out!


Receiving citations for our year of service from Assemblyman Robert J. Castelli.

No comments:

Post a Comment