Monday, October 17, 2011

Behind the Scenes: Official Photoshoot!

Pageant sisters or sister agents? Hmm...

Participating in the Miss Westchester pageant, contestants had to quickly get used to LOTS of photo shoots! Peter Giannone, the amazing pageant photographer, was always on hand at each event to get lots of shots of the lovely ladies in attendance. Just over a week ago, I was able to participate in one of the most exciting shoots yet -- taking official photographs with Jackie (Miss Westchester Teen), Megan (Miss Hudson Valley) and Bianca (Miss Hudson Valley Teen).

All of us are either in school or working full-time, so our photo shoot took place on a Thursday afternoon. Location? The beautiful Vasken Demirjian Salon in White Plains, an official pageant sponsor. Vasken Demirjian himself has always been welcoming to the pageant girls, hosting two pre-pageant events and even participating in the pageant as a judge for the teen division! Upon arrival, we were whisked into the styling area to having our hair done. When our hair was styled to perfection, Jill K. Imbrogno of JKFlashy Makeup Service, Inc. (another wonderful pageant sponsor!) was on hand to do our makeup. WOW. I wish that I could wake up every morning and look as amazing as Jill had me looking for the shoot!

Then, it was time to change into our gowns. I'll admit, I definitely got chills as I put on my dress for the first time since the pageant. Lots of wonderful memories! The chills were quickly replaced by frustration as I managed to shatter a bottle of red nail polish ALL over my dress. But, accidents happen, and I was determined to not let a little bit of polish ruin my evening! And it didn't -- I had a marvelous time!

The following pictures are all 'behind the scenes' style shots! I can't wait to share with you my official portrait when it is ready. Stay tuned!

One minute we glam it up...

...the next, we chow down! I LOVE having a teen queen who will make Five Guy's runs with me mid-shoot. You're the best Jackie!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment