Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Support-A-Walk

As many of you know, with the start of October comes the beginning of Breast Cancer Awareness month. Breast cancer awareness is a topic that is near and dear to my heart. As I've mentioned in a past blog post, my beautiful neighbor was diagnosed with breast cancer this year. I have watched her battle her disease fiercely over the past few months. While her journey towards remission is not yet complete, she takes comfort in knowing she is not alone. This weekend, I was able to participate in an event that focuses on bringing personalized support programs for women who like my neighbor who are fighting breast and/or ovarian cancer -- the Support Connection 16th annual Support-A-Walk.

Christina (Miss Westchester 2011), Susan Siegel (Yorktown Town Supervisor), and I at the Support-A-Walk

The walk took place this Sunday at FDR State Park in Yorktown. I was invited to the walk by the wonderful Miss Westchester 2011, Christina DeLeon. It was inspiring to see the HUGE crowd that was on hand for this event -- the park was absolutely teeming with walkers ready to show their support for breast and ovarian cancer. Thousands of people from all over Westchester not only participated in the walk, but raised thousands of dollars to support the cause.

I'm so glad that I got to kick off October by participating in such a wonderful event! For more information on Support Connection, click here!

Didn't get to participate in the Support-A-Walk? Still want to make a difference in the fight against breast cancer? Click here to support me and my team, Beauty Queens for a Cure, in the Making Strides walk for breast cancer coming up on Sunday, October 16.


No comments:

Post a Comment