Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Congratulations, Miss America!
This weekend, Miss New York Mallory Hagan was crowned Miss America 2013! I am so excited for Mallory--though she may not remember this, Mallory competed in the very first local pageant that I was a part of. While I unfortunately had to withdraw post-interview due to a family emergency, I still remember my (very!) brief conversation with Mallory as we waited to face the judges. She had placed first runner up to Miss New York the year prior, and was excited to competing again. The idea of "always the bridesmaid, never the bride" jokingly came up, and I wished her the best, saying that it might be her year. Well guess what? It...wasn't. That summer, Mallory again placed first runner up at the Miss New York pageant. However, she didn't give up. This past summer, she competed again, winning the crown that led to her Miss America success.
I think we can all look to Mallory as a source of inspiration to stay determined and never give up on our dreams. Just because something doesn't work out the first time, doesn't mean it won't in the future. As the Miss New York 2013 pageant season kicks off, I'll be keeping this in mind. I may not win the first local I enter, I may not even win the second! But my dream is to be standing on the Miss New York stage this summer, and I'll do everything I can to make it come true. Like our new Miss America, I will stay determined, improve from each experience, and never lose sight of who I am as I travel the road leading to my dreams. I encourage you to do the same!
Love,
Sarah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment