Friday, January 25, 2013

Influenster Holiday VoxBox

Right after the holidays, I received an awesome treat in the mail--my Influenster Holiday VoxBox! I've blogged about Influenster before. In the fall, I was able to whiten my teeth thanks to Influenster and Crest Whitestrips. The Holiday VoxBox was even more fun than my Whitestrips VoxBox, as it included a huge variety of products to try.


The Holiday VoxBox included a Goody Quikstyle brush, Kiss Nail Dress decorative nail strips, EBOOST Natural Energy powder, Quaker Real Medley's oatmeal, NYC Liquid Lipshine, and a coupon for Sole Society. I've had the chance to try out all of these products, and here are my reviews:

  • The Goody Quickstyle brush is something I've seen at Target on many occasions. It always caught my attention: a hairbrush that helps dry your hair faster? How cool! However, it seemed almost too gimicky to be true, so I never purchased it. Trying it out proved my doubting mind wrong. Even though I have extremely thick, long hair, using this brush helped to get some excess water out of it with ease post-shower. You know that drip-drip-drip trickle down your back after you brush your wet hair with a regular brush? With the Quickstyle, I don't have to worry about that. I definitely recommend trying this brush out if you're looking to save time or just be more comfortable in the cold winter air!
  • One product I wasn't personally able to try was the EBOOST. I'm sensitive to caffeine, so I let my sister give this product a go. She love it! She is a caffeine junkie and this was a welcome change to her usual coffee. She enjoyed the flavor, and as a college student, would purchase this for an easy energy boost throughout the semester.
  • I loved the Quaker Real Medley's oatmeal! I love oatmeal in general, and usually just purchase plain oatmeal to avoid excess sugar. While this product has more sugar than my usual oatmeal picks, it was so tasty and I loved the fruit included inside! I will definitely purchase this as a breakfast treat. I want to try their apple flavor next (my package include berry)!
  • One product that I struggled with using was my Kiss Nail Dress decorative nail strips. They were SO cute, but I just couldn't get the hang of putting them on properly. It was hard to press them down on the side of my nails. However, they were on sale at Walgreen's, so I recently picked up a different set (with a slightly different design) to try. I want to see if a less 'heavy' design will be easier to apply.
  • I became a bit of a lip gloss snob while interning for Lancome -- I fell in love with their glosses and haven't really purchased any new lip gloss recently. However, I really enjoyed the NYC liquid lipshine. The color I received is a nice nude, another change for me as I usually tend to go for pink shades. It is very neutral, has good wearing power, and smells delicious. Seriously. The smell is incredible. The best part? The price! I definitely recommend this product.
  • I haven't used my Sole Society coupon yet, but checked out the website. Wow! What cute shoes? Have any of you purchased from them before?
Overall, I was so happy with this box and discovered some awesome products that I will be incorporating into my beauty and lifestyle routines moving forward. Special thanks to Influenster, Goody, EBOOST, Quaker, Kiss, NYC, and Sole Society for sending these goodies my way!

Love,
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment