(Well, okay -- tomorrow is really the BIG day. But today was interview day, so...)
Today was the big day!
I just got home after spending the day in White Plains. It was such a whirlwind of a day -- I arrived at the Performing Arts Center just after 1PM, and so much was going on from the start! It was so great to meet some of the other girls competing who I hadn't spoken with before. We all had a good time getting ready for the first pageant event: our interviews with the judges. I am typically a huge fan of the interview portion of competition. I love speaking with others and sharing my passions with them. Today's interview was no exception. All of the judges for the Miss Westchester/Hudson Valley pageant were amazing. I caught a glimpse of their bios and WOW! They have all done so many wonderful things with their lives. It was very inspiring! I loved discussing my past successes, my future goals, and my community involvement here in Westchester with them. I also got to talk about my plans for my year of service as Miss Westchester if I were to be crowned tomorrow. I left the interview room feeling really good about how my conversations went. All of my preparation definitely paid off!
Next, it was photo time! We all had to make a few quick changes. First, we were photographed in our interview outfits, then our gowns, and finally our swimsuits. Between accessories, shoes, and hair for each photo, it took up a good chunk our our afternoon time. Then it was back into our interview outfits for the media & sponsors party. We were all challenged to glam up our interview outfits with some fun accessories for night. I switched my nude peep-toe pumps for a pair of wild turquoise snakeskin wedges and my demure stud earrings for a pair of turquoise drop earrings. It was so fun to walk our made-up runway for the media judges who will be choosing one girl as "most fashionable"! All of the girls competing looked amazing, so I'm sure the judges had their work cut out for them.
Finally, it was back to the theater to change into comfy clothes (leggings and a t-shirt, yes!) to practice our stage walking patterns and the dance for our opening number. By this point, I was starting to feel the day catch up with me! The junk food we had consumed at the media and sponsors party wasn't helping make things much better! Luckily, the walking patterns were pretty simple, and I'm looking forward to jazzing up my stage presence tomorrow when the moment really counts. I'm also hoping that as I sleep tonight, my brain is traded with the brain of an amazing dancer so that I'll be able to learn all of the opening number dance moves in time for curtain call tomorrow night!
Well, it is time to get some beauty sleep -- tomorrow we arrive for the final day of activities at 9AM, and we won't be done until after 10PM. I'll be officially taking the stage to compete at 8PM, so be sure to send all of your prayers and good wishes my way. Regardless of results, I know it is going to be an amazing experience!
Love,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment