1. I know how to survive a day in heels. On my first day in the office, I was desperate to look put-together and wore a pair of brand new Tory Burch wedges. Worst. Choice. Ever. The pain of breaking them in made for a tricky day running around the office (because the world of PR is extremely busy!). However, I can now handle a long day on my feet ease! And the wedges? Perfectly broken in.
2. I know how to use makeup. Well...sort of! Being surrounded by makeup, I've had the chance to pick up a few tricks here and there on how to use it. I'm not a professional by any means, but I'm telling you -- the "how-to" brochures that come from Color Design 5-Pan Palettes can really help a girl get by!
3. I've had incredible role models to motivate me to become a better woman. Let's face it. My first two reasons, while true, were fairly arbitrary. But this third reason is truly the part that made me stick with Lancôme for 8 months now. Every day, I go in and work with some of the most inspiring women I've ever come across in my lifetime. The two directors of the PR department are both extremely creative, hardworking individuals who manage to balance a demanding career with a rewarding home life. They spend hours in the office, are active and present with their families, and manage to look amazing while doing so! Then there is the wonderful PR coordinator. Having the chance to work basically one-on-one with her during these months has been so rewarding. She is extremely organized and hardworking, keeping track of our projects down to the smallest details to make sure everything is done right. She cares tremendously for those around her: her husband, her family, her friends, and those in need around the globe. She is young, vibrant, and such a role model to me as I move forward in pursuing a future career.
One of the most important, and often overlooked, aspects of pageantry is the fact that this isn't all about looks. A pageant queen has to be a woman who can be looked up to as a role model. I've spent the past 8 months surrounded by such amazing women at Lancôme, and I think I've been fortunate enough to have some of their good habits become a part of my life as well, helping to develop me into a young woman who can be a role model for my peers.
I have a few weeks left at Lancôme before my time officially comes to a close. I'll work fashion week. I'll enjoy lemon bars at the L'Oreal cafe. I'll send bags and boxes of makeup throughout the city and country. I'll laugh with the amazing friends that I've made. And I'll end my journey, probably close to tears (if I can hold them back, which is doubtful!) as I try to convey to the ladies of Lancôme PR just how thankful I am for this opportunity I've had to learn from them. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment