Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It's crunch time -- literally!

With the pageant a week away, I'm spending some extra time focusing on fitness this week. As I've mentioned in past blog posts, I've spent the summer making more healthy eating choices and trying to exercise a bit more often that I did before (which, lets face it, was next to never). Rather than spend this week hyper-focusing on only eating well and staying in the gym for two hours a night. No, instead, I'm allowing myself a few well-deserved treats and following an exercise plan with a focus on some final toning.

This week, my exercise routine will focus on lots of yoga! I absolutely love yoga -- it is so simple to throw down a mat in my room and pop in a yoga DVD. I actually keep a few yoga DVDs -- a few are more intense sequences while the others focus on relaxation. With the pageant just a few days away, I may find myself reaching for those relaxation sequences more often! Yoga is the perfect way to not only get my body ready for the pageant, but my mind as well. I even plan on bringing a yoga mat with me to the pageant to squeeze in some relaxation routines on pageant day! They really help me to unwind and be a better competitor.

As for food, I'm not totally throwing the healthy eating plan by the wayside. I try to always have a healthy but filling breakfast -- my go to choice lately has been a greek yogurt, vita-muffin top, and some sort of fresh fruit. It is healthy, delicious, and keeps me filled up until lunchtime. For lunch, I've really been enjoying vegetable based soups, whole grain pastas, and grilled chicken. Then, I allow myself a special desert each night. Yesterday, I baked the most amazing chocolate, caramel, and sea salt tart! The flavor was absolutely amazing.

Looking back, I realize that this post is a bit on the boring side -- sorry! I promise that I'll make a wardrobe unveiling tomorrow to bring some excitement to this blog.

Love,
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment