Sunday, August 28, 2011

7 Days!

That's right! The pageant is just ONE WEEK away! I can't believe that the summer has flown by so quickly. I began the journey to the Miss Westchester pageant back in April. I'm amazed by how much I have learned and grown since I submitted my original paperwork to the lovely pageant directors. With the pageant such a short time away, I know that all of my hard work is going to pay off! Even if I don't walk away with the crown, I will leave the theater that night knowing that I gave the pageant my all. Better yet, I will walk away knowing that I have touched lives through supporting my platform of empowering young women (and men!) against domestic violence.

So, in honor of pageant weekend, I've decided to make this a special 'pageant week' on my blog! I'll be posting every day this week. That is right--every day! It is going to be tricky (have I mentioned that I go back to school, volleyball practice, and continue to intern and complete hours at my job this week?), but it is also going to be a lot of fun. I'll be unveiling my pageant wardrobe (swimsuit, opening number, and interview -- sorry, you have to wait until post-pageant to see the gown!), talking more about my platform, and sharing some of my healthy lifestyle choices of the week. I'll also include posts on all of the pre-pageant "rituals" (aka beauty appointments!) that I'll be participating in this week. I hope you enjoy this glimpse into the pageant world :)

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment