
Erin and I enjoying our breakfast -- doesn't she look fab in her pink?
I've participated in the walk before, but this year, I'm taking it to the next level. I've signed up to become a team leader. This cause is especially near and dear to my heart this year, as I've watched a close neighbor be diagnosed with, and begin her fight against, breast cancer. Growing up, I was fortunate enough to grow up on a street where my neighbors were all extremely kind, and over the years we got to know each other fairly well. Judy is a wonderful woman -- she has been taking care of her beautiful mother for years and always seems to have a smile on her face. I was heartbroken when I heard of her diagnosis, and I'm so glad to still see her persevering through her treatments. Yet I know it isn't easy for her. She has personally been touched by many of the programs that the Making Strides walk helps to support, including the Look Good, Feel Better program (which provides women with wigs and makeup that is safe for chemo patients). The walk also helps to fund breast cancer research.
Want to get involved in this wonderful event? You can! I'm looking for people to join my team and participate in the walk, or people who aren't interested in walking but would like to donate to the cause. Get more information by clicking here.
The walk is going to be a ton of fun -- our team name is going to be 'Beauty Queens for a Cure', because we are all beauty queens at heart and we can get glammed up in pink crowns for the event! I hope to see you there :)
Love,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment