Wednesday, August 31, 2011

"Dress" has always been my strongest suit!


Anyone else LOVE the song that I pulled my blog title from? I love listening to "My Strongest Suit"! It is the perfect song to put laundry away to...it really gets you pumped up about your wardrobe.

...But seriously. I realize that I'm not always the most fashionable girl in the room. This summer, I really took my time picking out my outfits for the different phases of pageant competition. I wanted to pick pieces that were gorgeous but that also were a true reflection of my personality. So many dressed out there are beautiful -- but they just didn't suit me! I think that I did a good job of picking out dresses and swimwear that are going to look amazing on stage...but I also think I picked pieces that I am going to wear...not pieces that are going to wear me! That being said, I'm making my first wardrobe unveiling today.

Meet my opening number dress!


These photos are actually from La Femme. This isn't my exact dress...I had mine custom made to ensure a perfect fit, so not all of the details are identical. But I absolutely LOVE it and can't wait to wear it during the opening number. All of the girls competing will be wearing black cocktail dresses. I like the simplicity of this dress, but also the unique detailing and fun back! I can't wait to rock it this Sunday.

Let me know what you think!

Love,
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment